These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Make Your Gear. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- Always be respectful and courteous. #
- Do not post anything even resembling pornography. #
- Please engage in self-censorship so we aren't forced to censor you. We really dislike censorship but the forums are a public space . In other words don't post anything here we wouldn't want said in front of a five year old. This includes but is not limited to: curse words, off-color remarks, sexually suggestive comments, racist remarks, abusive language, etc. #
- SPAM is prohibited. Commercial posts, ads, fund raising campaigns, private for sale, for trade, and want to buy are considered SPAM. Posts by and for commercial entities to drive sales are strictly prohibited. This site is designed for Do It Yourself projects and sharing information and not for selling merchandise. If you have questions or would like to sponsor the forums contact the #
- This an open place where everyone can participate in structured, respectful, and fun discussion. Respect is paramount. Support others in their ideas and projects (including respectful critiques). Disagreement is fine; disrespectful behavior is not. Never assume offense. If you feel a post is out of line be calm and report it to a moderator. Please make it easier on the community and police your own posts. Since intent is hard to gauge on the internet, please start by giving the benefit of the doubt. #
- Any perceived attempt to circumvent or bend the rules, as determined by the moderating team, will be viewed as breaking the rules. Grey areas make us grumpy because we have to judge your intent. Don't make the judges grumpy. #